Wednesday, October 22, 2008

And we have a date...

So we have a date for Cole to have tubes put in his ears, Nov. 6th. I'm a little bummed out because it's a procedure, but hopefully he'll feel better. At least we're not doing adenoids, unlike the twins, so I don't have that whole fear about general anesthesia and thoughts of them intubating my baby. That's a weight off!

Things have changed with Dad's job... apparently he'll be working in Denison, IA instead (long story). We're bummed, it's a long drive to nowhere but it kind of came down to that fact that he didn't have a choice so we'll make the best of it. God will take care of us and have us do as He intended.

Cole is walking all over and has developed an attitude when I have to impede on the great fun he is having to change a diaper or whatever the case may be. Is this the beginning of the stage of having children that I least enjoy!? I thought I would have a little more time enjoying him before he turned into a terror! Maybe it's his ears and he'll go back to being an angel after the tubes.

Mommy is still chugging away at school. It's a love-hate relationship for sure, but ultimately Mom feels enriched for bettering herself and looks forward to entering a new phase of her career and adult life. She looks forward to a position with her favorite OB/GYN whom assures her that he'll have a job for her when she graduates in May 2011!

Love to all and many prayers,
Joy

2 comments:

Catherine, Craig, and Caleb said...

How can I look forward to NOT working with you??!! I'm afraid that I'm going to have a love/hate relatioship with your schooling too =). Poor cole! Here's crossing my fingers that it makes things much better!!

Amanda said...

I am so sorry, when I was talking with you I forgot to say. I am sorry about Cole but glad you finally have a date. Hopefully the tubes will make him feel better.