Monday, September 29, 2008

My hubby.. the snake hunter

I'll preface this bit of information by telling you all the story from the beginning. Several days ago, my sweet big strong husband goes to the basement to do laundry only to return quite alarmed to say that he's spotted a snake. I donned a broom, dustpan, stick, and tennis shoes and ran for the basement. Long story short, the damned thing disappeared into a hole in the old limestone foundation before I could capture and maim it. Drew says "now I'm afraid it's going to come out of the return air vent in the living room since that's right above here" and I say "oh relax, that snake has no reason to go up there." Now here I sit at work at 1:30 in the morning and I check my email to read "the snake is coming out of the return air vent but only about 3 inches, hasn't moved in the last 10 minutes... guess I won't be sleeping tonight." He doesn't answer the phone... I'm guessing he's standing on the ottoman watching the snake, precisely where I'll find him in the morning.